Do You Know How Aligners Work?
LETS GET CLEAR!
Tooth movement is the result of forces applied to the crown of the tooth. The force at the crown translates into subtle movement at the root level, which is where the “biology of tooth movement occurs,” as Dr. Hurst puts it. When force is applied to the tooth via Candid clear aligners, the periodontal ligament on one side of the tooth root compresses, making room for the periodontal ligament on the other side to stretch. This, in short, is how we do it — one side gives while the other side takes.
With our aligners, your teeth will move at a maximum velocity of 0.2mm per tooth per aligner used, while the carefully crafted (created using ultra-precise 3D printing!) aligners act as a guide, so your teeth move just enough — and yet, not too much. Each set of aligners pushes your teeth gently and effectively.
While your aligners might feel like a snug hug around your teeth, this should not be painful. When done correctly and precisely, tooth movement from one aligner to the next aligner is subtle yet efficient — so you don’t feel anything more than mild pressure.
And here’s where clear aligners have a healthy edge over traditional clear/metal braces: traditional clear/metal braces are fixed to each and every tooth, and connected (via wires) to every other tooth … causing movement of any one tooth to affect — you guessed it — each and every tooth. With clear aligners, orthodontists like Dr. Hurst are able to carefully target only the teeth that need adjusting, which, as you can imagine — is ideal from an engineering perspective. This subtle difference allows for more carefully controlled movement, which in turn reduces negative side effects often seen with traditional clear/metal braces, like root resorption and pain (ouch!).
So, there you have it — our recipe! Basically — take traditional metal braces; remove ugly metal-mouth; reduce pain, gingival inflammation, periodontal disease, root resorption, and treatment duration; add great customer service all in one shiny package (literally), and that’s your Candid smile; the new you.
- Visit a SmileStyler provider to see if SmileStyler treatment is suitable for you.
- Your dentist or orthodontist will discuss your needs and explain how to obtain SmileStyler.
- Your dentist or orthodontist will use a 3D intra-oral scanner to create 3D digital images of your teeth, which will be used to design your perfect smile.
- SmileStyler is 100% digital, so no need to worry about uncomfortable and bad tasting physical impressions.
- SmileStyler will create an orthodontic treatment plan just for you.
- This will entail the exact movements of your teeth and the duration of your treatment.
- Once you and your dental practitioner approves your treatment plan, SmileStyler will manufacture your custom-made invisible aligners and deliver your first phase of aligners to your doctor faster than any other aligner manufacturer.
WEAR YOUR ALIGNERS
- Each set of aligners worn for the prescribed amount of time will gently shift your teeth into place.
- SmileStyler’s Active aligners are typically worn for 2 weeks at a time or as prescribed and Express aligners can be worn for 1 week at a time or as prescribed. Express aligners can reduce your treatment time by up to 50%
- The next phase of your aligners will be manufactured based on your check-up and new scan. This ensures that every aligner fits just like the first one, avoiding unforeseen costs and delays in your treatment
- Because SmileStyler ships in phases or 6 Stages at a time, your doctor will perform a check-up and scan your teeth every six or 12 weeks, depending on whether you purchased an Active or Express treatment
- After completing all your phases, you’re ready to show off your perfect smile.